Want to make your own dog treats but don't have the time, energy, patience or skill? We're here to help! This is a super easy, pet-friendly, crunchy, baked apple dog treat recipe - it takes very little time to prep (about 10 minutes!) and uses just one ingredient. Plus it's great for fall! Just remember that apples naturally have sugar, so feed these in moderation and over time to you pups!
Ingredients & Supplies
- You'll need apples, paper towels, a baking sheet, parchment paper (alternatives: a baking silicone mat or lightly greased baking sheet) and your oven.
1. Preheat oven to 235 degrees.
2. Wash apple.
3. Slice into around 1/8 inch thick pieces, either using a knife or mandolin.
4. Use a paper towel to pat the apple dry.
5. Arrange on your silicone mat or parchment lined/lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for one hour.
7. Flip and bake for one more hour.
8. Flip and bake for 20 more minutes.
9. Let cool and serve to your good girl or boy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper (alternatives: a baking silicone mat or oil spray for light greasing)
- Paper towels
- Preheat oven to 235 degrees.
- Wash apples.
- Slice into around 1/8 inch thick pieces, either using a knife or mandolin.
- Use a paper towel to pat the apple dry.
- Arrange on your silicone mat or parchment lined/lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour.
- Flip and bake for one more hour.
- Flip again and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let cool and serve to your good girl or boy!
Voila! Easy DIY one ingredient pet-friendly crunchy apple dog treat recipe!
*This recipe is for two dogs. Make sure to store the apples in an airtight container stored in a cool, dry place. You can also freeze for longer storage.*
Check out our easy pet-friendly blueberry popsicle dog treat recipe too!
Back to the Happy Tails Blog →
Shop By Collection
We donate a meal to a dog in need for every product sold.